The film Best Shooter 2 (Top Gun: Maverick) 2020
The Risky Business and the quite solid work All the Right Moves just died out, and they started talking about Tom Cruise as the opening of a decade, considering his career as the main handsome Hollywood and the most “heroic hero” of all upcoming action films, as he appeared on the screens Best shooter".
Four nominations for an Oscar, a hit of all time Take My Breath Away, and ... a doubled number of people who want to enroll in the United States Naval School! Here is such a result of the tape of Tony Scott and Jerry Brookhamer, whose name in different translations and versions was found both as "Air Guard", and as "Above the Roof" or "Aces School".
“Top Gan” with a budget of $ 15 million took more than a twenty-time box office, and Cruz finally secured his role to the edge of the right, honest and dedicated warriors.
In the summer of 2020, we are promised a full reload of history with the same physiognomy in the title role, which, apparently, is not dominated by time. Well, let's see what challenges this time will be thrown to our Maverick ...
- Release date: June 26, 2020
- A country: USA
- Genre: adventure drama
The second part of "Top Ghana" is going to become a sequel to the previous tape, however, the details of its plot have not been disclosed. That is, it is not even clear whether the case will be right after the events at which the "Best Shooter" ended, or perhaps years after.
Recall that the flight genius Pete Mitchell, a lieutenant of the U.S. Navy, left the Russians with the nose at the end of the first film, saved his aircraft carrier, was awarded everything he could, and became a respected instructor of his flight school.
And, of course, he met again his sweetheart Charlotte Blackwood, an astrophysical instructor. Apparently, now Maverick will appear before us in this capacity. Although, we can bet anything that without his personal heroic participation in some fateful hostilities could not do ...
Camera crew and cast
Now, Joseph Kosinski will take on the director’s role, on whose account there are only three films: “Tron: Legacy” - the sequel to one pretty Disney fiction, “Oblivion”, where he was not only a director, but also a producer, screenwriter and biopic “The Case of the Brave " The film will be shot by Paramount Pictures on the basis of Jerry Bruckheimer Films personal studio of Jerry Bruckhamer, producer and the first "Best shooter", on whose account almost all the high-budget Paramount projects.
Including, for example, all parts of Pirates of the Caribbean, Prince of Persia, both Treasures of the Nation, King Arthur, Pearl Harbor, Gone in 60 Seconds, Armageddon, Everything Beverly Hills cops and many, many other bestsellers. And his partner in the production team will be David Ellison, who had a hand in several “Mission Impossible,” “Jack Reacher,” the reboot of “Terminator” and “Startrek,” as well as “World War Z”.
The script is being prepared by Justin Marx, author of the latest Jungle Book and Street Fighter: Kung Fu Legend. And Peter Craig (all “The Hunger Games”, “City of Thieves” and “Cavalry”), Christopher McQuory (“Jack Reacher”, “Operation Valkyrie”, “Way of Arms”, all “Missions Impossible” will help him in that: “Tourist”, “The Mummy” of 2017 and the Oscar for “Suspicious Persons”), as well as Eric Warren Singer (Oscar nomination for “American Scam”, as well as “The Case of the Brave” and “The Red Sparrow”).
The music for the tape promises to prepare the studio of Hans Zimmer. And the camera room will be headed by Claudio Miranda, who won an Oscar for “Life of Pi”, and nominated for it for “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button”, and also presented the world with “Tron: Heritage”, “Oblivion”, “Earth of the Future” and “The Case of the Brave” .
Maverick instructor will play, of course, the same Tom Cruise. A permanent executor of impossible missions, the last samurai and knight of all days that Hollywood can offer. His only name in the credits already makes the film obviously grossing, and although he still hasn’t earned his personal Oscar for some reason, he was nominated for it three times: for Jerry Maguire, Magnolia and Born on July Fourth.
Someone will say that his acting range is small: all ranks and military branches are soldiers, outstanding heartbreakers, and spies. However, in girl’s “profiles” for more than three decades his name has been mandatory, no, no - and he’ll fall in the column “Favorite Actor”.
Well, Tom is in great shape, as the latest Made in America, Mummy, and Mission Impossible: Consequences showed. So we have every chance to hope that he will be able to repeat the success of Operation Valkyrie, War of the Worlds, and Interview with the Vampire.
Tom Cruise's partners on the set will be Val Kilmer (Aisman and in the first part), known for the films “Dorz”, “Batman Forever”, “Red Planet”, “Five Days of August”, “Firmware” and many others, and in the role of Bradley Bradshaw we will see Miles Teller (all “Divergent”, “Fantastic Four”, “Exciting time” and “The case of the brave”).
Jennifer Conelly also starred in the new film - most likely, she would be the one who would play a replacement for Kelly McGillis, the very Charlotte, or someone instead. We know her from the films “Requiem for a Dream”, “Dark City”, “Like Small Children”, “Noah”, “In the Air”, “The Day the Earth Stopped”, “To Promise Doesn't Mean to Marry” and to many others, and for a minor role in The Mind Games, she even won an Oscar.
- The title of the hit video game Need for Speed comes from the slogan "Best shooter": "I feel the need, the need for speed".
- The idea of making a film about the flight division of the US Navy College, known as TopGun, occurred to Jerry Brookhamer when he read an article about him in California magazine in 1983.
- The second part was also supposed to be filmed by Tony Scott, but, just a day before his meeting with Tom Cruise, in order to discuss the terms of cooperation in the upcoming film, the director committed suicide. It happened in 2012.
- They promise that in the film there will be not only classic fighters, but also drones on computer control.
- For the first time that they will shoot the second part of the tape, Tom Cruise told the public in 2002.
- Tom Cruise and Joseph Kosinski on the set will meet for the second time. Their first joint picture was Oblivion.
- Everyone postponed the release of the film, including due to the long struggle of Val Kilmer, the performer of the role of Tom "Isman" Kazanski, with throat cancer.
- The second part will be released 34 years after the premiere of the first, as a result of which it will set an absolute record for the longest break between the film and its sequel.
- When Tom Cruise starred in the first "Best Arrow" he was only 24 years old. At the time of the release of the second part, the actor will be 57 years old.
- For the lead actor, this is the third widescreen series after Mission Impossible and Jack Reacher.
- Screenwriter Christopher McQuory originally suggested Maverick as a secondary character.