Not all students and even teachers are aware of the existence of the Russian Teddy Bear Olympiad, which, however, is available for the whole of Russia. Despite the fact that the competition is not required for organization, it is nevertheless recommended for introducing students of all levels into the school curriculum (minimum grade 2). Such a competition acts as an exciting educational game for children of any age. As a rule, they take part in it with interest and enthusiasm.
Basic information about the Russian Bear Olympics
"Russian Teddy Bear - Linguistics for All" is a competitive event organized by the Center for Continuing Education and held for the first time in Moscow in the 2000th year. The direction of the competition is linguistics (Russian). Such a game has already spread widely outside of Russia. It is actively conducted in Moldova, Belarus, Lithuania and not only.
The annual organizers of the Olympiad are legal entities and organizations of the region where the competition is held. Sponsors provide valuable prizes and prize pool sharing. He, in turn, consists of the contributions of the participants. Organizational costs are covered from the collected funds.
The cost of participating in the Russian Teddy Bear is symbolic and does not exceed 100 rubles (in 2018-2019 - 75 rubles). Free participation for orphans and disabled people. To pay and try their knowledge in the All-Russian competition or not is up to the student (and his parents) to decide. The Olympiad is optional and does not affect the student’s current grades.
Tasks and key goals of the competition for junior students
This Olympiad is not only an entertaining competition that shows children that you can have fun learning. First of all, this is an educational event that performs several goals at once:
- Education and development of schoolchildren of interest in their native language, instilling in them a craving for learning Russian, help in preparing for the upcoming exams.
- Improving the level of extracurricular (extracurricular) work.
- Providing students with the opportunity to compete on a national scale (without traveling outside the home region).
- Promoting teacher development.
Of course, the child will not become a philologist immediately after passing the test. But he will be able to test his knowledge in this area and understand whether the profession related to language is suitable for him. In addition, the Russian Teddy Bear is an excellent opportunity to strengthen your knowledge before certification and verification work (preparation for the Olympics takes several months).
Russian Teddy Bear 2019-2020. Date and features of the Olympiad
Traditionally, the Russian Bear Olympics is held in the fall. There is no exact information on what date the competition will take place in Russia in 2019-2020. However, it can be assumed that his organization will fall in mid-November. So, in the last academic year, the event was held on November 14. Official information about when the Olympics will be presented by the competition website at the end of summer.
As for the other changes in the conduct of the Russian Teddy Bear - they are not yet available. All the rules that are characteristic of past years are relevant to this day. Any innovations will be published on the official website of the Olympiad as they are introduced (developed). However, global change is not expected.
Who will be able to participate in the competition in the new school year
As before, anyone can take part in a linguistic competition. At the same time, a preliminary interview is not required. Each participant competes strictly in their age category:
|Younger||2-3 grade||28 tasks|
|Average||Grades 4-5, Grades 5-7||30 tasks|
|Older||Grades 8-9, Grades 10-11|
In addition, the competition is open to students of secondary specialized educational institutions, as well as residents of other countries.
Tasks for students are compiled in accordance with the material they studied. All testing is presented in the form of a game that requires not so much increased knowledge in the field of linguistics as good erudition, developed thinking. Some questions make the trustee smile, as they are composed with a share of irony.
A few words about the rules of participation in the Russian Teddy Bear in 2019-2020
The Russian language Olympiad is held on the basis of a general educational institution. The educational institution should be authorized in advance in the nearest center "Russian Teddy Bear". Only after this procedure does it have the right to hold such a large-scale event on its territory. The very status of the school (private, public, etc.) does not matter. No less important testing rules:
- The duration of the Olympiad is 75 minutes. This time is provided to participants for reflection and giving answers.
- Testing preparation begins in a few months. You can find the tasks and answers of past years (for more effective preparation) on the official website of the Olympiad. Here is a presentation of the competition for those who will take part in it for the first time.
- Questions are divided into three blocks according to the degree of difficulty: easy (3 points for the correct answer), medium (4 points for the correct answer), difficult (5 points for the correct answer).
- The school Olympiad is held one day throughout Russia.
- Registration in the competition is carried out by the teacher or the head of the educational institution organizing the event.
No global changes from previous years are foreseen. Of course, the tasks themselves will change their wording and will be interesting for students in a new way.
Test results: what give and where to look?
The test decided by the participant of the Olympiad is sent for verification by a special commission. There are two ways to find out the final results:
- Using the site. In the corresponding section of the official page of the event, a table of results will be proposed. To display it, you must specify your region and school.
- At school. After the approval of the results, the organizers of the event provide prizes to the outstanding participants. Together with them, educational institutions send sheets with a table of general results.
Prizes may include certificates of honor, key rings, cups, pen holders, notebooks and other stationery. The results of the competition do not in any way affect the participant's ratings in Russian. They only help him draw conclusions for himself and identify more vulnerable places.
Why is Russian Teddy Bear so fond of in general education institutions and why is it abandoned?
The Russian language Olympiad has spread far beyond Russia. And this is completely unsurprising. After all, such an event meets all the spectra of productive education: it is interesting for children, develops their mental abilities, and fosters a craving for language learning and more. In this case, the Olympiad is presented in a playful way. Thanks to this, testing takes place in one breath. The Russian Teddy Bear does not oblige his Olympians to him. It only helps them to understand how strong they are in this direction and on what it is worth continuing hard work.
Despite the large number of positive aspects of the Olympiad, many refuse it. This is due to some fear on the part of the students (and their parents) about the complexity of the competition. It is still believed that only humanitarianly gifted children can take part in this event. This is completely wrong. The Russian Bear test is, for the most part, a game. The answers here do not always require in-depth knowledge. Just think a little and turn on erudition.