What technologies will be in 2020
As science develops by leaps and bounds, many people are interested in what technologies will be in 2020. Nowadays, innovations concern almost all spheres of human life. Scientists agree that this trend will continue in the coming years. But experts from different countries and industries put forward their own versions, with which discoveries humanity will be able to become acquainted.
Without exaggeration, the IT sector can be called one of the most developing industries of mankind. Smartphones, smart watches, functional gadgets are only a part of modern achievements, but experts do not plan to stop on the achieved results. Experts believe that information technologies in 2020 will be represented by such products on the market:
- Wrist computer. It can replace a smartphone and laptop. Despite its small size (it will be like a smart watch or a little larger), the wrist computer will be distinguished by functionality, high power and performance.
- Convolving TV. LG has created a prototype TV that folds easily into a small roll. It is assumed that by 2020 the manufacturer will launch production of such devices for a wide range of consumers.
- 5D disk for data storage. The main feature of the disk is that it can store information in five dimensions. Its capacity will be 360 terabytes, while it will be made of a material that can withstand temperatures up to 1000 degrees Celsius.
IT experts believe that by 2020, 7G technology will be used to transfer data. It will allow you to have access to the Internet almost anywhere in the world. At the same time, users will be able not only to communicate with relatives or follow the news, but also without any problems download any content in minutes.
The number of webcams will constantly grow, so it is possible that a global database will be created to store information coming from them. Some experts believe that in just a few years, everyone will be able to cover the news. This will happen automatically through a smartphone that can broadcast what is happening on the web in online mode.
Achievements in other areas
The development of science and technology from 2013 to 2020 was predicted by many experts. For the sake of justice, it is worth noting that not all expectations were met. For example, it was suggested that by 2016, scientists will be able to revive the mammoth, but research in this industry has not yet been completed.
Due to the latest technologies and developments in the field of engineering, construction and other fields, in 2020, humanity expects the following:
- 3D printers will be available for home use. People will use devices to print various things, mainly used in everyday life.
- Unmanned vehicles will ride on the roads. They exist today, but so far their operation without an operator is prohibited, but in the future the situation will radically change.
- So-called smart cities will appear in which there will be no traffic lights. Automated systems will regulate road traffic, energy consumption and logistics.
- The audit will use artificial intelligence. This will greatly simplify the implementation of many tasks for a person and allow to increase the number of processes performed in automatic mode.
In September 2018, the CRISPR-2018 international congress was held, which brought together delegates from 11 countries. One of the main topics of discussion was biotechnology, which will be implemented in reality until 2020.
According to experts, the main achievements in the field of biotechnology will be the following discoveries:
- Editing genes. Nowadays, doctors are looking for a way to change a person’s DNA, or rather, individual parts of it that are responsible for the development of deadly diseases: oncology, diabetes mellitus, stroke, etc. Already, scientists are developing in this area. When the work is crowned with success, medical staff will be able to prevent the development of a number of pathologies, from which millions of people around the world are now dying.
- Regenerative medicine. Creating gene therapy products will restore the functionality of organs that have suffered from any disease. If the application of cellular technologies can be implemented, practically unlimited possibilities will open before the doctors.
- Transplantation of artificial organs. The use of artificial organs is already practiced, but now scientists are working on the development of material that will be used to create organs for transplantation. If the studies are successful, then the artificial organs for transplantation will be printed on a 3D printer.
- "Individual tablet." Developments in the field of molecular biology give hope that a tablet will be created that will "work" taking into account the characteristics of a particular patient. The advantage of such a medicine is high efficiency and the absence of side effects.
The well-known theoretical physicist S. Hawking believes that until 2020, scientists will be able to find a technology that will defeat old age. And although various methods for rejuvenation are being used now, a person cannot stop the aging process. Although it is possible that this will happen tomorrow.
During the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum, Russian President Vladimir Putin noted the importance of genomic technology in medicine, as well as artificial intelligence, new materials in industry and agriculture, and portable energy sources. Russian companies (with state participation, as well as leading Russian private enterprises) were invited to become the state's leading partners in the development of cross-cutting scientific and technological areas.
As for Russian genetics, a “military serviceman’s genetic passport” is already being developed, which will make it possible in the future, using gene analysis, to determine the military’s disposition to serve in one or another type of army.
In addition, in 2019 and 2020, the state will allocate grants from the budget of the Russian Federation for the improvement of three world-class genomic research centers.