August 2020 in Russia: calendar, holidays, weekends
In August 2020 there will be no official holidays. This is an “ordinary” month for the period of official holidays.
Based on the production calendar for August 2020, this month will be 5 Mondays - 3, 10, 17, 24 and 31, 4 Tuesdays - 4, 11, 18 and 25, 4 Wednesdays - 5, 12, 19 and 26, Thursday 4 - 6, 13, 20 and 27, 4 Fridays - 7, 14, 21 and 28, 4 Saturdays - 1, 8, 15, 22 and 29, and 4 Sundays - 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30.
The number of working and non-working days in August 2020:
|Shortened business days||no|
|Carrying holidays and working days||no|
Weekends in August will be short-lived - only 10 days.
Depending on the work schedule of an individual organization, the approved norms of working hours for 2020 in Russia may vary:
|A week||Working hours|
Holidays in August 2020 depends on the availability of the next paid vacation, as well as on the mode of work.
Despite the absence of official holidays, in Russia there will be many other holidays in August.
This month, congratulations to representatives of the following professions:
- 08/02. - railway workers, airborne forces;
- 08/06. - railway troops;
- 08/07. - special communications and information of the FSO;
- 08.08. - athletes;
- 08/09. - builders;
- 08/12. - employees of the Air Force;
- 08/15. - archaeologists;
- 08/16. - aviators;
- 08/30. - miners.
International and informal
Back in August 2020 there will be such "occasions" for the festive mood, as:
- 08/01. - Days of encashment, formation of the Special Communication Service, rear of the armed forces of the Russian Federation;
- 08/05. - in honor of beer and traffic lights;
- 08.08. - in honor of mountaineering and cats;
- 08/09. - Victory in the battle of 1714 at Cape Gangut;
- 08/12. - in honor of young people;
- 08/13. - holiday left-handed;
- 08/16. - berry jam;
- 08/19. - vest;
- 08/22. - flag of the Russian Federation;
- 08/23. - Victory of the USSR in Kursk during the Second World War;
- 08/27. - day of cinema.
The traditions of the Russian people include religious celebrations and rituals according to the dates of the church calendar. Orthodox celebrate two twelve holydays from year to year:
- 08/19. - Transfiguration of Jesus Christ;
- 08/28. - Assumption of the Virgin.
August people omens
The heat is gradually declining, leaving room for favorable weather. In this period of time, we both relax and spend time in the gardens. During this period, there is just a harvest and harvesting of bread, the people see off the summer in three stages. From time immemorial, Russian people have been competing in the selection of interesting names for this fertile month. It was also called “stubble” or “sickle” - in August, the harvest season, and “glow” - due to clear zoryushki, and “Lenorast” - due to the stretching of flax and dew on Russian fields.
Almost every day is devoted to all kinds of ancient Russian rites and signs:
- 08/01. - Macrid. What day, such and autumn will be.
- 08/02. - Elijah. “We spend summer in Ilyusha,” “Ilya the Prophet spat in the river,” says a popular sign.
- 08/03. - Silent Onufriy. "On the day of Onufriyu silence, our ancestors testament." 3 numbers it was decided to work hard.
- 08/08. - Buttocks of Mary. “If a storm is coming again - hay is enough for the eyes,” it was usually cloudy that day.
- 08/05. - Insomnia Trofimushki. "If you’re going to sleep for a long time, you’ll certainly never see any good." Be sure to get up early and go to work.
- 08/06. - Boris and Gleb. On this day, our great-grandfathers did not plow the earth.
- 08/07. - Anne. "Judging by the weather before dinner, winter omens."
- 08.08. - Hermolaus. "Yermolai will come again - take away the bread soon." Harvest time.
- 08/09. - Panteleimon Head. "Hops usually scorch at Palia," thunderstorm day.
- 08/10. - Parmen. "To Parmen - don't give a barter", i.e. do not trade, do not engage in usury.
- 11.08. - Kalinnik. "Carry it, God, in hassle - not frost." Previously, it was at this time that the peasants met the first cold weather - the so-called "guelder-rose".
- 08/12. - Siluanus and Strength. "Fierce power and bread will master." On the 12th, our ancestors collected rye and prepared supplies for the winter.
- 08/13. - Evdokima. "The horse does not twitch until the people harrow the bow." The peasants held a special rite on the "conspiracy" of plows and other devices for plowing.
- 08/14. - 4 types of Spas.
- 08/15. - Hayloft. Weather in Stepan depends on the weather in September.
- 08/17. - Robins. The traditional harvest of raspberries.
- 08/19. - Apple saved. "Savior has appeared - keep warm in reserve", the approach of cold weather.
- 08.21. - Vetrogona. "The winds drive through the wide world, sobbing over the beautiful summer." What the wind blows, such is the weather expected in September.
- 08/23. - Lawrence. "Calm waters are a pleasant winter."
- 08/27. - Mikheiki Tikhoveya. Windy day - autumn too.
- 08/28. - Assumption. The second breath of summer.
- 08/29. - Savior Not Made by Hands. "The Last Savior has given us all bread" - time to bake a loaf.
- 08/30. - Mirona. "If cranes flew off to Miron, then wait for the frosty Veil."
- 08/31. - Flora and Lavra. On this holiday it was customary to look after the horses.