Abolition of work books in 2020
Officials plan to amend the Labor Code to provide for the abolition of work books in 2020. It is a question of canceling not a document as such, but its paper form, to which everyone is accustomed in Russia, but is practically not used in most countries of the world. Employers will be required to transmit the necessary information online, respectively, the work books themselves will be electronic. An important aspect should be the abolition of the mandatory duplication of all electronic information in paper form.
Legislative base of innovations
In October 2018, the Ministry of Labor published a new version of the bill on maintaining information on the labor activity of citizens in electronic form. It involves the abolition of the usual paper work books from January 1, 2020. The document has just been submitted for discussion to competent government agencies and is supposed to be adopted by July 2019 as part of the Federal project “Normative regulation of the digital environment”.
In the previous version of the document, it was planned to leave a longer adaptation period (up to 2027), when the information was to be duplicated in electronic and paper versions. Such an approach was supposed to soften the transition for the older generation, but at the same time was associated with additional costs for business representatives.
On a note! According to a survey from the Ministry of Labor, for 57% of Russians, the replacement of traditional work books with an electronic analogue seems undesirable.
According to estimates by Sberbank specialists, employers will be able to save about 62 billion rubles due to the rejection of double document management and the accelerated introduction of electronic accounting. annually. In addition to reducing time and financial costs for document management, an electronic system will eliminate the forgery of documents and protect the rights of citizens as workers. If labor books are canceled in 2020, employers will save themselves from possible fines for errors in their design and storage conditions. On the other hand, there will be additional risks associated with the loss of electronic data or software errors.
Stages of change
If the bill is still adopted and signed by the President of the Russian Federation, employers and workers are waiting for the following stages of innovation:
- Since the beginning of 2020, it is necessary to enter established information into the PF information system. At the request of the employee (on the basis of a written application), employers can continue to maintain additional documentation on paper until the moment of dismissal from this place of work. For workers who did not write a statement before the end of the year, the main labor accounting document is returned, and employers are no longer liable for its storage.
- From the beginning of 2021, an exclusively electronic document will be issued during employment. Keeping paper analogues and any statements by the employee on this subject will no longer be provided. In this case, the employer will provide information only about the last place of work. To get a complete picture of work activities for all years, you will have to apply to the Pension Fund or MFC.
According to the authors of the bill, the introduction of electronic accounting requires a minimum of additional manipulations, because it will be based on the databases of the Pension Fund, which already contains the bulk of information relating to the work of citizens. Thus, it will only be necessary to add additional information on the award of awards and disciplinary sanctions.
Electronic document management
According to the bill, all employers (except individuals who do not have IP status) are required to record monthly data in the Pension Fund system to account for staff labor activity. They are similar to those that are filled in paper documents. The electronic analogue will contain for each citizen full information about:
- completed work;
- positions held;
- transfers to another permanent place of work;
- grounds for termination of the employment contract;
- rewards for successful work.
In the event of dismissal or at the request of the employee in the course of the work, the employer will be obliged to provide the specified data in paper form, certifying them in the proper manner. In addition, they can be obtained by contacting the department of the Pension Fund or through the State Services portal. Information will need to be presented at the conclusion of a new employment contract. An additional advantage for citizens will be the opportunity to provide the employer with all the data about themselves in electronic form, which will be especially true with today's remote employment.
When and how paper work books will be replaced by electronic ones: video