DIY Christmas balls for 2020
Beautiful and unusual Christmas balls with your own hands for 2020 can be made from almost any material - paper, fabric, satin ribbons. It can be a variety of classic options or original jewelry in the form of a tidy Rat.
Beads, beads, rhinestones, etc. are suitable for decorating. DIY-made Christmas tree decorations will become a real highlight in the house. You can make them together with the children, because the little fidgets really like the creative process of creating Christmas toys.
Of thread and glue
Such Christmas-tree decorations are made very simply, although the exquisite lace balls look attractive and unusual.
The following tools and materials should be prepared for work:
- threads (you can take any thickness and color depending on the desired result);
- PVA glue;
- air balloons;
- hand cream;
- decor - sequins, lace, flowers, bows, etc.
Step 1. Winding the thread.
- First inflate the balls so that they are no more than 10 cm in diameter. The size of the finished product depends on the size of the ball.
- Tie it with a thread at the very base, and then lightly grease with cream. This will prevent the thread from sticking to the balloon.
- Pierce the container with glue with an awl. Pass the thread through the hole, using a needle.
- Wrap the thread soaked with glue on the ball in different directions. The winding density may vary.
Stage 2. Removing the workpiece.
- Leave the product on for a while until the glue is completely dry. It is not recommended to force-dry it due to the possible deformation.
- Use a needle to pierce the ball and gently pull it out.
- Decorate the product as you wish. You can stick lace with a flower or coat the surface with glue on top, and then sprinkle with sequins, make ornaments from sequins, etc.
Pointed ball made of paper
You can make a cute and unusual decoration for the Christmas tree from the materials that are available in every house. No cash costs and a little time, and on the New Year's beauty there will be an original product.
To make such a toy, you will need:
- fishing line;
- beads or rhinestones.
It is also worth preparing a small saucer, coin, scissors, needle, pencil, ruler.
- Attach the saucer to the paper and circle. It will take 4 of these elements.
- Cut the drawn circles.
- Put a coin in the center of each and circle it with a pencil.
- Then divide each circle into 8 equal sectors. Draw lines under the ruler. Cut the circles along the drawn lines, but do not cut to the center.
- Put the pencil in the center of one sector. Fold the edges around the pencil and glue it together. Repeat with all blanks.
- When the circles with voluminous pointed petals dry out, thread a line through them with a needle.
- Pull everything neatly into a ball. Garnish with rhinestones or sparkles.
Advice! For manufacturing, you can use not only plain white, but also colored double-sided paper.
Volumetric cardboard ball
For this Christmas decoration, you can use colored cardboard, as well as old postcards or calendars.
Actions are performed in the following sequence:
- From the prepared cardboard or postcards, cut 20 circles. Depending on the desired size of the toy, the diameter of the circles can be from 3 to 5 cm.
- After you need to cut an equilateral triangle that will go into the cut circle.
- The triangle must be inserted into the circle and circle all three sides. The drawn lines will be the place of the bends.
- On each element, make neat bends to the front along all drawn lines.
- Glue the top of the ball from the prepared circles. Connect with each other the bent parts of 5 such elements. In the middle, be sure to glue the cord folded in a loop or a thick thread.
- Similarly fabricate the bottom.
- Then from the remaining 10 pieces, glue the strip, which will become the middle of the ball.
- Glue the top and bottom.
If desired, you can additionally decorate with rhinestones, beads, beads or rain.
Made of kimekomi fabric
Exquisite and colorful Christmas balls for 2020 can be made from fabric and foam blanks, which can be purchased at any needlework store. Japanese kimekomi technique is easy to master. You can start with simple ornaments, and after getting the skills to complicate the task.
To work, you need to prepare:
- fabric (preferably different colors, it is possible with a pattern);
- a cord of golden or silver color, braid or decorative beads;
- foam base;
- seam steamer (can be bought at a needlework store);
- stationery knife;
- satin or transparent ribbon for bow;
- pencil or pen;
- flexible meter.
Round foam spheres with a diameter of 7-10 cm are best suited. First you need to outline the purchased blank. The complexity of this step depends on the number of segments. Divide the ball gradually into parts so that they are equal to each other. When all the lines are drawn, use a clerical knife or a scalpel to make cuts to a depth of 7-8 mm. At this stage, special care should be taken so as not to damage the foam.
Attach a piece of fabric to one segment and gently wrap it in a slot with a thin spatula or steamer. Trim the rest of the fabric with scissors.
You can do it in another way. Make a template first. To do this, use a translucent fabric or backing. Attach it to the template and circle the segment. Cut out the pattern. When cutting shreds, make allowances of 5 mm on each side.
Cover all segments with a cloth alternating different colors.
Then carefully glue all the seams with glue and decorate with a decorative cord. Press the cord lightly into the seams so that it is firmly fixed and does not lag.
Then, from a satin or brocade ribbon, make a bow and loop. Using hot melt glue or Moment glue, fix them on the ball made. Decorate with decorative elements and hang on the Christmas tree.
You can make Christmas balls with the symbol of the year 2020 using the decoupage technique. It is worth remembering that the Rat will be the symbol of the coming year and look for unusual images of rats and mice for decorating balls.
To get such beauty, you need to do the following:
- Cover a plastic or glass ball with acrylic paint. It is better to do this not with a brush, but with a sponge, then the paint will evenly lay down over the entire surface. Instead of sponge, you can use a piece of foam.
- Leave the workpiece for 45-50 minutes to dry the paint, and then apply another layer.
- This time, the ball should be left at least 3 hours to dry well.
- Then dilute the PVA glue with water in a ratio of 1: 2.
- From a napkin or tissue paper, carefully tear out the image of a mouse or rat. It is necessary to tear the edges, and not cut with scissors.
- Squeeze it liberally with glue solution and attach to the workpiece. Carefully align the picture so that there are no paper bends.
- Leave it on for several hours to allow the glue to dry completely. Additionally, you can decorate the ball as you wish.
- At the last stage, the product must be opened with varnish. It is best to use furniture varnish, as it does not have a pungent odor, but at the same time provides a durable coating on the surface. Apply varnish carefully and without sudden movements, so as not to damage the picture.
- To make the Christmas tree decoration beautifully shine, apply the varnish in 3 layers.
- After complete drying (time depends on the type of varnish), you can hang an unusual toy on a Christmas tree.
You can make Christmas balls for 2020 with your own hands from improvised materials, such as buttons. If a lot of them have gathered in the house, it is worth making a cute Christmas-tree decoration. The process is so simple that even a child can handle it without problems.
It is advisable to use buttons of different colors, then the craft will turn out bright and colorful.
Although you can use monophonic buttons, as well as decorate products to your liking.
The following materials should be prepared:
- foam sphere (blanks can be bought at the store);
- small pins or cloves;
- buttons (suitable for different sizes and designs);
- loop cord;
- ribbon for decoration.
Fasten the buttons to the foam base with a pin or stud. Between the buttons fasten the beads of different sizes. When creating such an ornament, you can give full rein to imagination. You can fasten the buttons in a chaotic manner or create beautiful ornaments using them. It all depends on the available material and desire.
Advice! You can fasten the buttons to the foam not only with pins, but also with the help of hot glue, although the first option is more reliable.
When the entire area of the workpiece is covered with beads and buttons, make a bow out of the ribbon. Pin it or glue it to the product. Make a loop from the lace. Securely fasten it. Unusual ball can be hung on a Christmas tree.
From satin ribbons
Craftswomen from satin ribbons can create a real masterpiece. The artichoke technique requires perseverance, although the process is simple. Anyone can master it, if he is patient.
For a Christmas toy made in the artichoke style, you need:
- round foam blank;
- satin ribbon of two or more colors;
- clove pins;
- hot glue;
- ribbon for a bow;
- decor (optional).
Cut a square from a satin ribbon 5 cm wide. Fasten it to the ball in the corners with pins. Cut 6 cm blanks from a satin ribbon. Fold them in a triangle and fix the edges on the foam sphere. It will take 4 or 5 pieces, depending on the desired result.
Then make the triangles from a tape of a different color. Fasten on the foam in the same way.
Alternate different colors until the entire sphere is covered with satin triangles. Cover the uncovered part of the foam with a square from a satin ribbon.
Next, tie a bow from a ribbon of a different color. You can use brocade or lace. Fix the bow with hot-melt adhesive to the item and make a loop.
From corrugated paper
Decorations from corrugated paper and foam spheres look exquisitely on the Christmas tree. And although the process requires a little patience, the technology is simple, and therefore, everyone can do it.
To make elegant Christmas-tree decorations with your own hands, you need to prepare:
- corrugated paper;
- glue gun and silicone glue;
- foam sphere;
- thin satin ribbon.
The corrugated paper rolled up into a roll is cut into strips 4-5 cm wide. Then, from each strip, roll up the rosette. To do this, roll one edge of the strip into a tube. She is the center of the flowers. After, twist the paper around, twisting the edges to make a rose. Glue the bottom so that the flower does not fall apart.
In a similar way, make other roses. They may be the same size or slightly different. The number of flowers depends on their size and the diameter of the foam sphere. First, insert the loop from the satin ribbon, secure with glue or a pin. Using hot melt adhesive, glue the flowers to the foam around the circle. Fix the beads between the roses.
In the manufacture of Christmas balls, you can give full rein to imagination. To decorate plastic or foam spheres, you can use beads. If you are fond of beadwork, then you can create an original ornament. To simplify the task, you can generously coat the ball with glue and roll in beads of different colors. It will turn out bright and unusual.
Toys decorated with lace also look beautiful. Paint the sphere with acrylic paint of your favorite color or wrap it with a cord, and then fasten the lace. Additionally, you can use sequins, sequins or other decor.
Advice! Almost any ball can easily turn into a New Year's mouse. to do this, just attach a long nose to it, add buttons to the eyes and mischievous tail!
Also look at video some more original ideas for making balls with your own hands: